Short-Shift Daytime Care
- Daily companionship visits
- AM/PM care helping clients start and end the day
- Mid-day visits to help with meal preparation and companionship
- Personal care focused visits to facilitate bathing and toileting
Long-Shift Daytime, Evening or Overnight Awake Care
- 8-12 hour daytime visits to facilitate daily tasks and ensure safety
- 10-12 hour awake overnight shifts to ensure client is not alone and is safe and cared for throughout the night
- Caregivers are at client’s home 24 hours each day for up to 7 days per week. Seven day care requires at least 2 caregivers.
- Caregiver must get 6-8 hours sleep each night.
Short and long-shift care can take place at home, at facilities or in hospitals.
Live-in care tends to take place at home